Monday 25 July 2011

Thing 7 - Doodle is a doddle

I really, really like Doodle. It's a simple idea, easy to use, and extremely effective. Before I became a librarian I spent a year working as an administrator in the Old Schools. I used to spend a ridiculous amount of time 'birdcaging', by which I mean making elaborate tables in Word or Excel to record the results of my contacting various extremely busy people's secretaries to find out when they were available for meetings. Doodle would have had a significant positive effect on my work-flow, freeing up a lot of time for me to spend on the many other things I had to do!

3 comments:

Annie Gleeson said...

Only a year or so I was making tables like that, writing things down on post its and losing them, and sending what felt like millions of email attachments to people. I was fairly happy with that at the time but I think I'd have a nervous breakdown if I had to give up Doodle, Google Calendar, TeuxDeux etc. now!

Becky said...

Agree entirely. Where is the picture in this post from, by the way?

Jenny said...

Err, it's mine! I couldn't find an appropriate photo on flikr, so decided to draw my own picture!