Friday 29 July 2011

Thing 9 - My tale of woe, and the moral of the story: Google Docs.

Yet another really useful Thing that I wish I'd known about before! Only last week I got myself in a complete muddle of the sort which could have been entirely prevented by using Google Docs. I had been asked to write up my experience of the recent T.S. Eliot Society (UK) Festival, which I duly did at home on my flatmate's computer. I then saved it to a memory stick, but also emailed a copy to my work email (just in case of, well I don't know what really, my memory stick blowing up or something - I tend to be quite paranoid about these things!), intending to check it the next day (after work on my work computer) and then email it off. However, somewhere between saving to the memory stick and emailing myself I must have saved some new changes, because after making a few alterations to the version on the memory stick the next day at work, I decided it didn't seem quite as I remembered it and that I really ought to check out the one I'd emailed to myself, which did indeed turn out to be different (are you keeping up?!). Aaaargh! Suffice it to say, I was completely confused...

1 comment:

Annie Gleeson said...

Haha I love the picture!